Athena Horne, LCSW-C
Howard University (Masters of Social Work, May 2000)
Bowie University (Bachelor of Social Work, May 1998)
- Crisis Intervention
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Family Systems
- Motivational Interviewing
- Person in the Environment
Specialized in establishing and maintaining a therapeutic alliance with a non-judgmental approach while promoting self-determination.
- Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit for Adults
- Intensive in-home therapy for families
- Group Home for adolescent males
- Therapeutic Foster care for children
- Homeless Support Team for adults
- Homeless Shelter Support for women and children
Why Athena Became a Therapist
Initially, I was trying to decide to between education and nursing school. Therapy fused these two disciplines while complementing my active listening strengths and my intrinsic pull to help guide people.
How Athena Lives Authentically
I maintain a positive outlook on life. I love who I am and I love what I do!